Water Utility Management International
Volume 4 Issue 3
Download full issue here
- Think tank report suggests water privatisation for Australia
- A report from the Global Access Partners (GAP) Urban Water Forum think tank has recommended that Australia should adopt water privatisation, trading and cost transparency to ensure that household supplies remain secure into the future.
- Montreal metering project investigated
- Montreal's massive metering project, a key element in a complete rethink of the city's water infrastructure and management, has run into unexpected controversy with city opposition leader Benoit Labonte accusing the council of harbouring hidden costs and claiming the project could cost CAN$500 million ($450.5 million) rather than the projected CAN$356 million ($320.9 million).
- Global expert forum report discusses Australia's water security
- A report released by the Allen Consulting Group brings together the discussions of a panel of water experts on water shortages in Australia and the reforms needed in its water sector. Lis Stedman looks at the key points.
- Montreal in significant need of water infrastructure overhaul
- The massive water metering project developed for Montreal is part of a large scale change undertaken to improve the management of city-wide water infrastructure and resources.
- Financing small towns' water supply in Ghana
- By Clifford A Braimah and Richard Franceys
- Experiences with performance management and benchmarking in sewage disposal
- By Dr Arno Baumer
- Financing water and sanitation in low-income urban areas
- By Victor Muyeba
- Suggestions for the optimal implementation of benchmarking studies to the water supply sector
- By Roman Neunteufel
- The unequal geographical expansion of water privatization: global and European perspectives
- By Stelios Gialis, Athanasios Loukas and Nikitas Mylopoulos
- A real options analysis of Singapore's water supply system
- By Stephen Zhang and Vladan Babovic
- Regulation of water and wastewater services: an international comparison
- By Rui C Marques, Pedro Simoes, Joao S Pires and Joao Almeida
- Level of service based on economic analysis
- By Kenneth Kerri
ISSN Print: 1747-7751
ISSN Online: 1747-776x
Published by IWA Publishing